Once, as a child, I found myself venturing yet again into my parents’ closet, when I happened to spy a suit of my father’s. It was houndstooth—from head to toe—suit jacket with ruffles, complete with matching pants. At the time, I thought it was hideous (sorry Dad!).
Since then, I had seen this pattern pop up all over, and would be instantly transported with a shudder to that moment with that suit.
I stopped noticing it for many years after that (could this classic have gone out of fashion?), and now I’m seeing it again as a fashion staple—and I love it! It’s so timeless, and just begs for that pop of color!
As Fall is now upon us, I chose some houndstooth-inspired pieces to greet the upcoming chill (clockwise from left):
- eShakti Women’s Curved Button Front Faux-Wrap Dress
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Houndstooth Bag Collection Clutch
- Ellabee Women’s Junior Fit Wool Blend Houndstooth Double Breast Jacket
- Michael Kors Houndstooth 1.4 oz / 40 ml edt Spray
- Riverberry Womens Colada Houndstooth Platform Stilettos
- ESR the Beat Series Clear Back Cover Snap on Case for iPhone 5C (Houndstooth)
- Dahlia Classic Pattern Fine Wool Tassel Ends Long Scarf Shawl