San Francisco is known as the City by the Bay, and offers spectacular views of the water from many tourist attractions. One destination we wanted to cross off our list was the famed Pier 39.Read More
Butternut squash soup is such a great classic addition to any table in the fall and winter. Besides being in season, this simple soup will warm you up when it’s cold outside. Just add cozy socks and a throw blanket! Fireplace optional.Read More
Flower crowns are a sweet way to elevate any outfit for any occasion, such as weddings, baby showers, engagement parties, birthdays, or just for fun, especially during spring and summer.Read More
Lavender bushes burst with their bright deep shades of purple this time of year.
Dried lavender has a unique scent which can be brought indoors with a pretty simple and straightforward method.Read More
Yay! Fall is almost here, and I could not be more excited.
Though in recent months, it does seem like the seasons have sort of been mashed together, I still like to inaugurate the season with something pumpkin-centric. This Pumpkin Spice Latte is a much more affordable option when you make it at home, and is perfect for warming you up as the days cool down.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- whipped cream
- Combine pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, and continue stirring.
- Add milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine, and stir often taking care to prevent milk from boiling over. Milk boils quickly, so don’t walk away!
- Using a blender (handheld or traditional), blend the mixture until foamy.
- Make coffee and divide between 2 mugs. Add mixture. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice (optional).
Adapted from: thekitchn.com