Lavender bushes burst with their bright deep shades of purple this time of year.
Dried lavender has a unique scent which can be brought indoors with a pretty simple and straightforward method.
HOW TO GATHER AND DRY LAVENDER
- fresh lavender bunches
- Using the scissors, cut long stems of lavender from its bush. Try to keep the stems at roughly the same length.
- Gather more fresh lavender than you think you need. It may seem like a lot, but when lavender dries, it shrinks down, and may not be enough for the container you are planning on using.
- Separate the bunch into smaller bunches and tie with twine.
- Hang upside down in a cool dark place, such as a garage. Sunlight will make the lavender fade to white.
- After 1-2 weeks, your lavender bunches should be thoroughly dried out and ready for display!
Enjoy this beautiful scent of fall!