I have been baking way more than I ever have before, which is one good thing that has come out of all this. And of course, overripe bananas mean only one thing…more baking on the horizon!
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS
- 2 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl (or in mixer with paddle attachment), combine sugar, flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl until smooth.
- To this, combine butter and egg. Add slowly to dry ingredients.
- Keep mixing to achieve creamy consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin tray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until fork inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 1 dozen.