I don’t know anyone personally who isn’t up for pancakes on a Sunday morning.
You get to sleep in, then enjoy the filling goodness of these pancakes, topped with honey and berries, which will leave you full until past lunchtime.
Even better when you’ve got an outing or hike planned afterward!
FLUFFY SUNDAY MORNING PANCAKES
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 4 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- canola oil for griddle
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Pour buttermilk into well and crack eggs into buttermilk. Pour oil into mixture.
- Starting in center, whisk everything together, moving towards outside of bowl, until all incorporated. Do not overbeat. If using mixer, mix with paddle attachment until incorporated.
- Grease griddle. Pour batter by half-cupfuls onto griddle, and cook on medium heat until only center is raw and bubbles form in batter, approximately 2 minutes.
- Flip pancake to other side and finish cooking for approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve with honey, syrup, fresh berries, and whipped cream!