Fall is coming to a close, and the Christmas season is upon us. Like many of you, my decorations went up soon after Thanksgiving, but my fall pumpkins came back inside. They were perfectly fine, perfectly firm, remaining so in the crisp and cold fall weather. It seemed a shame to get rid of them—until I decorated them for Christmas!
This is a fun project for kids as well, and is also great whether you have only one pumpkin or multiple pumpkins. It’s a fun way to repurpose these hardy gourds and they will survive until it’s time to take down your holiday decorations once again.
DIY PAINTED CHRISTMAS PUMPKINS
- acrylic paint in holiday colors (i.e. red, green, gold, silver)
- holiday embellishments, such as ribbons (optional)
- After choosing a large enough space, lay out newspaper and place pumpkin on it.
- Choose a color and paint the entire surface of the pumpkin. Apply two coats, allowing paint to dry between coats.
- While the top coat is wet, apply glitter all over the top of the pumpkin.
- Using gold paint, paint the stem of the pumpkin, to resemble a Christmas tree ornament.
- Be creative! Add dots, stripes, or other designs if you wish, or leave it as it is.
- A ribbon or other embellishments can be tied to the stem if desired.
- Place your pumpkin back out on your doorstep to add to your holiday decor well into December!
KEEP ON READING…