I love growing tomatoes every year in our garden, and we get such a big crop of them, especially cherry tomatoes.
My husband mentioned making tomato jam once when he was younger, a sweet version.
A savory version also seemed interesting, so I used some leftover cherry tomatoes and this is what I came up with.
It’s delicious spread on a cracker or even eaten straight out of the jar!
SPICY TOMATO JAM
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Put all ingredients in a nonstick saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly to keep mixture from sticking.
- Allow jam to reduce while continuing to stir.
- Once all the tomatoes have cooked down and there is no more water left in the saucepan, remove from heat.
- Enjoy on bread, crackers, or on its own! Store remaining jam in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.