Butternut squash soup is such a great classic addition to any table in the fall and winter. Besides being in season, this simple soup will warm you up when it’s cold outside. Just add cozy socks and a throw blanket! Fireplace optional.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- 1 lb pre-cut butternut squash cubes
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place butternut squash in a large pot. Dice potatoes and add to butternut squash.
- Add water and herbs to vegetables and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it boils, lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, adding water little by little to prevent sticking.
- Once vegetables are thoroughly soft, turn off heat and transfer to blender in batches. Pulse until pureéd.
- Once mixture is completely pureéd, return to stove, and add chicken stock, while stirring constantly on low heat.
- When chicken stock is incorporated, allow soup to cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkles dried herbs on top if desired.
KEEP ON READING…