Yay! Fall is almost here, and I could not be more excited.
Though in recent months, it does seem like the seasons have sort of been mashed together, I still like to inaugurate the season with something pumpkin-centric. This Pumpkin Spice Latte is a much more affordable option when you make it at home, and is perfect for warming you up as the days cool down.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- whipped cream
- Combine pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, and continue stirring.
- Add milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine, and stir often taking care to prevent milk from boiling over. Milk boils quickly, so don’t walk away!
- Using a blender (handheld or traditional), blend the mixture until foamy.
- Make coffee and divide between 2 mugs. Add mixture. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice (optional).
Adapted from: thekitchn.com
KEEP ON READING…