Banana bread is one of those classic recipes that I especially love, since it makes me feel a lot less guilty about bananas that have sat and gone bad on the kitchen counter! It’s also makes a great snack or dessert and it’s easy to whip up whenever you feel like having it!
CLASSIC BANANA BREAD
- 2 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Use cooking spray to grease loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and egg, mixing with paddle attachment.
- Add the baking soda, sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and continue mixing until batter is a creamy consistency.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes and check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the bread is not done, bake for an additional 5 minutes. Oven times may vary.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Adapted from: lovemischka.com