Hi lovelies! I hope everyone is staying healthy, happy, and safe during this most unusual time!
I was in the mood to make cake pops, but I was too lazy to make a cake, only to destroy it. Then I didn’t have powdered sugar to make frosting. Then I couldn’t find my wooden sticks…yeah, it was one of those days!
But the baking bug would not let me be, so I had to make substitutions and small leaps of faith–and hence these Peanut Butter + Nutella Madeleine Cake Bombs were born.
PEANUT BUTTER + NUTELLA MADELEINE CAKE BOMBS
- 4 store-bought madeleines
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp Nutella
- sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- Crumble all the madeleines into a bowl.
- Once you have crumbs (not too fine), add peanut butter, and incorporate it with crumbs by hand.
- Once mixture comes together, roll it into four balls. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from fridge. Microwave Nutella in 10-15 second bursts until thinner and smooth.
- Roll each ball in Nutella until coated. Scoop sprinkles over balls, while turning to evenly coat.
- When all four are finished, return to fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When Nutella is hardened, remove from fridge and enjoy! Store uneaten cake bombs in fridge for up to one week.
KEEP ON READING…