For me, peanut butter cookies are the kind that don’t make me feel guilty about eating them. I mean, they ARE mostly peanut butter, which a great source of protein, right?
This 3-ingredient recipe is great, especially when you may not have all of the usual baking staples on hand. Oh, and they’re gluten free too!
3-INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Whisk to combine all ingredients in mixing bowl or in stand mixer and mix on low with paddle attachment.
- Once dough is formed, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After this, form tablespoon sized balls and spread them out on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using the back of a fork, flatten each dough ball in a crisscross pattern.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 8 minutes at 350° F.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow them to remain on baking sheet for an additional 2 minutes, before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to 7 days.
Creamy peanut butter is fine, but I opted for chunky as I liked the crunch of peanuts in the cookies–totally up to you!