I wanted to throw together something quick and easy for a casual Friday night, but that only needed whatever I had in my pantry.
This recipe was born of necessity; we are still under quarantine and the days of running out and buying a random missing ingredient feel like a lifetime ago! Have fun with this recipe, and feel free to tweak it to make it your own.
WHATEVER-YOU-HAVE-ON-HAND LAYER DIP
- 1 can black beans (any beans are fine)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Warm beans in skillet over medium heat.
- In a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, spread beans as the first layer.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over beans.
- Over this, spread guacamole.
- Spread sour cream over as the next layer.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on sour cream.
- Sprinkle chopped olives as the final layer.
- Top or surround edge of dish with chips. Serve warm or chilled.