How is your new year going so far? Are you keeping your resolutions?
I have a DIY Happiness Jar today that I stumbled upon on Pinterest and put my own spin on it.
It’s such a positive way to chronicle an entire year’s worth of happy memories, achievements, or meaningful moments. I am calling it a Happiness Jar here, but you can call it anything you want to: How I Slayed 2019. Crushin’ It. 2019’s Greatest Hits. Simple Moments of Joy I Would’ve Forgotten About If I Hadn’t Saved Them. You get the idea.
What will YOU be reminiscing about this New Year’s Eve?
DIY HAPPINESS JAR
– glass jar (medium or large)
– small scraps of paper (not sticky notes)
– pen or pencil
– chalkboard label
– chalk pen
1. First, make a label for your jar with the chalkboard label and chalk pen. Think carefully about a name that motivates you. It’s okay if you want to change the name later, but be sure to put the year in there somewhere.
2. Once the label is on, think of a memory, achievement, or happy moment from this week. If you need to go back a bit further than that, go for it! The goal is to be inspired by the upcoming New Year’s Eve. No memory or accomplishment is too small to be included!
3. Write out the memory concisely on a scrap of paper. Make sure to include the date. This can be done daily, weekly, or whenever you have something to write. Make sure to add something to your jar at least once a week.
4. Fold the paper and drop it into the jar. Much like a piggy bank, memories will accumulate and grow without much effort. At 12 months, you will have a year’s worth of happiness to look back on!