So last night, I randomly read that February 23 is National Banana Bread Day. I had also come across a simple and yummy recipe for banana bread and decided to try it!
It seemed like fate, plus I’d been looking for a way to use up the overripe bananas taking up space in my freezer.
I made muffins instead of a loaf since it’s easier to give out to the kiddos.
Happy National Banana
Bread Muffin Day!
EASY BANANA MUFFINS
- 2 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Use cooking spray to grease muffin tray.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and egg, mixing with paddle attachment.
- Add the baking soda, sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and continue mixing until batter is a creamy consistency.
- Pour batter into muffin tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the muffins are not done, bake for an additional minute, checking center each minute. Oven times may vary.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.