Summer is here, and with it, sunny days, humid temps, and kids asking for ice cream.
I figured out this fun way to sneak extra fruit into their diet while satisfying their sweet tooth. The best part is, they don’t taste the difference between this and real ice cream—while I sit back and feel like a boss.
SUPER QUICK STRAWBERRY-MANGO ICE CREAM
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mango
- Between 12-24 hours before preparing the ice cream, slice and store fruit in the freezer.
- After fruit has frozen (about 12-24 hours), remove from freezer and place in blender. Using a wooden spoon, coarsely mash the fruit so it will blend more easily. If the fruit is too solid for this, thaw in the microwave for about 30 seconds at a time until able to mash.
- Pulse in blender initially, then blend more continuously, until fruit is thick and creamy.
- Spoon into chilled glasses (optional). Serve immediately. Makes about 4 servings.