Christmas decorations are already up in my home, but I couldn’t resist one more pumpkin recipe. Who knew pumpkin was so versatile? I had great results with these cookies, so putting them in chai was a no-brainer. Whatever the season, if it’s cold outside, this chai latte is a great way to stay warm indoors.
PUMPKIN SPICE CHAI LATTE
- 2 tea bags
- 4-5 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups milk
- whipped cream (optional)
1. In a saucepan, empty contents of tea bags, and add sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. Over this, pour milk.
2. Set saucepan over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally. When bubbles begin to form, add pumpkin and stir.
3. Watch milk carefully, as it will boil quickly in about 5-7 minutes, depending on your stove.
4. Once milk boils, remove from heat, and strain through a sieve.
5. Serve immediately with your favorite snack. Makes 2 servings.