I am not a baker by any means. I always wanted to get into it, and now that I’m a mom, I want to be that mom, you know?
Growing up, my mom cooked great meals, but wasn’t that experienced with baking until much later. As a result, I lacked confidence and I really had to push myself.
I found this recipe last week. It was SO easy, and I happened to have most of the ingredients on hand already. I mean EASY, because I don’t bake AT. ALL.
But I’m going to change that, and hopefully I will be sharing more baking recipes here soon.
EASY WHOLE WHEAT EGGLESS COOKIES + DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNKS
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, flour and water. Blend well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° F until light brown.
- I didn’t have vanilla, so I skipped it and they still came out great!
- I found that 1/2 cup of sugar still wasn’t that sweet, so I increased the amount to 3/4 cup.
- The first time I made these cookies, the dough was a bit crumbly. Instead of water, I added 1-2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- For fun, I added chunks of Ghirardelli squares, adding another layer of flavor.