I realized I haven’t done a DIY yet here on The Haute Mommy Handbook, but I came up these myself, and wanted to share them with you.
These magnets are made with the typical fortunes you would find in your average Fortune Cookie as part of your Chinese takeout order.
If you have small, narrow, plain magnets or larger thin ones that you don’t mind cutting up, you can use either to create these DIY Fortune Magnets.
DIY FORTUNE MAGNETS
You will need
- a Fortune Cookie fortune
- a narrow magnet that will fit behind fortune
- clear tape
- Cut two pieces of tape. Tape one piece to the front of the fortune and the other piece to the back, so the two adhesive sides are stuck together.
- Trim the edges so they are symmetrical. (I like to leave about a millimeter around the edges to give it a framed look.)
- Using a gluestick, apply glue to the magnet, and carefully affix the now-laminated fortune to the surface. Press to apply.
- I usually stick it on the fridge at this point, but I won’t move it for another day or two.
That’s it! A fun way to save a profound Fortune Cookie fortune while brightening up your fridge and motivating you at the same time!
What’s a really awesome or unusual fortune you’ve found in your Fortune Cookie?